|Employer||Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission (SFC)|
Prior to his most recent appointment at the SFC, Alder was Head of Asia and a senior partner for the international law firm Herbert Smith LLP. He joined the firm in 1984 and became partner in 1994. His work at Herbert Smith focused on capital markets, mergers and acquisitions, regulation and compliance. Alder has lived in Hong Kong for more than 20 years, serving as a board member and Executive Director of Corporate Finance at the SFC from 2001 to 2004 and rejoining Herbert Smith in November 2004 following the completion of his SFC term.
- Bachelor of Laws, London University
- Master of Laws, Cambridge University
- SFC welcomes new Chief Executive Officer. SFC.
- HK Government Names Ashley Alder As CEO Of Securities Regulator. WSJ.
- Ashley Alder. Herbert Smith.