|Occupation||Chief Compliance Officer|
|Employer||Depository Trust and Clearing Corporation|
Derek West is chief compliance officer for the Depository Trust and Clearing Corporation's European Global Trade Repository (GTR) business. He was appointed to that role in January of 2017, with responsibility for ensuring the GTR business complies with the European Market Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR) trade repository requirements as well as other applicable laws and regulations. He will also coordinate EMIR supervisory activities and work closely with the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA).
West was previously senior director, derivatives oversight at Autorité des marchés financiers, the agency mandated by the government of Québec to supervise Québec’s financial sector and to provide assistance to consumers of financial products and services. During this role he was responsible for drafting and implementing Quebec’s Derivatives Act and eight national regulatory projects, including trade repository recognition, reporting rules and mandatory central counterparty clearing rules.
West is a graduate of the University of Ottawa.
- Authorities' Access to Trade Repository Data, Report of the Committee on Payment and Settlement Systems and the Board of IOSCO, ISBN 92-9197-954-6 The aim of this report is to provide guidance to trade repositories and authorities on access to trade repository-held OTCD transaction data, as well as possible approaches to addressing confidentiality concerns and access constraints. Hervo, Frédéric and West, Derek, Co-Chairs.
- Designing a Derivatives Complement to Cash Markets in Developing Countries, Chapter 11 in Focus on Capital: New Approaches to Developing Latin American Capital Markets, K. Dowers and P. Masci, eds., Washington: Inter-American Development Bank, 2003. This chapter deals specifically with development of a derivatives market alongside cash markets in developing countries. It was written by Andrea M. Corcoran, Ronald B. Hobson, Gregory J. Kuserk, Karen K. Wuertz, and Derek West.
- DTCC hires former regulator for trade repository compliance. The Trade.
- LinkedIn Profile. LinkedIn.
- Member Newsletter. National Futures Association.
- Derek West: The Job of a Regulator and Advocate for the Public Interest. DerivSource.
- Derek West. Swiss Futures & Options Association.
- Public Documents. International Organisation of Securities Commission.
- International Publications. U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission.