Gerald L. Hassell
|Gerald L. Hassell|
|Occupation||President, Chairman & CEO|
|Employer||The Bank of New York Mellon|
|Location||New York, NY|
Gerald L. Hassell is the president, chairman and chief executive officer of The Bank of New York Mellon Corp. He succeeded former chairman and CEO Robert P. (Bob) Kelly in August 2011 and has been president since 1998.
Hassell has worked for the Bank of New York for 30 years, beginning with its management development program. He joined the executive committee in 1994 before becoming president and director four years later.
- MBA, Finance, New York University (NYU) Stern School of Business
- BA, Economics, Duke University
- Board of Directors of Comcast Corporation, Member
- Board of Visitors of The Fuqua School of Business at Duke University, Former Chairman
- Board of Trustees of Duke University, Member
- Board of Visitors of Columbia University Medical Center, Member
- Board of the New York Philharmonic, Member
- Board of the Economic Club of New York, Member
- Board of the National September 11 Memorial & Museum, Member
- The Financial Services Roundtable, Member
- Financial Services Forum, Member
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York, Vice Chairman
- Bank of New York Mellon Chief Resigns in a Shake-Up. New York Times.
- Gerald L. Hassell. Forbes.
- Management. BNY Mellon.