Illinois Institute of Technology Stuart School of Business
|Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT) Stuart School of Business|
|Key People||Harvey Kahalas, Dean; John Bilson, Associate Dean and Professor of Finance; Michael Gorham, Industry Professor of Finance; Benjamin E. Van Vliet, Assistant Professor of Finance; Harold L. Stuart, Founder;|
IIT Stuart School of Business (IIT Stuart) is an academic unit of the Illinois Institute of Technology, a private Ph.D.-granting technological university. IIT Stuart offers bachelors, masters, doctoral, and non-degree programs, as well as graduate certificate programs and several interdisciplinary specializations.
IIT Stuart’s programs are centered on the concept of strategic competitiveness, a formula that emphasizes creativity, entrepreneurship, innovation, leadership, incisive decision-making, and sustainability. This approach is designed to help students succeed both in today’s competitive global marketplace and in the complex economy of tomorrow.
IIT Stuart School of Business was founded in 1969 with a bequest from IIT alumnus and financier Harold Leonard Stuart. The Illinois Institute of Technology was established in 1890 and is a private, Ph.D.-granting university.
The school offers business education at all levels, from baccalaureate to doctoral.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Master of Public Administration (MPA)
Master of Science in Environmental Management and Sustainability
Master of Science in Finance
Master of Science in Marketing Analytics and Communication
Master of Mathematical Finance
Ph.D. in Management Science
- Harvey Kahalas, Dean, was appointed in 2006.  Kahalas previously served as Dean at Wayne State University in Detroit, MI.
- John F.O. Bilson, Associate Dean and Professor of Finance is the director of the M.S. Finance program at IIT Stuart. Prior to joining the Stuart School, Bilson was a senior vice president at The Chicago Corporation where he was responsible for establishing the financial futures trading group, TCC Futures Management.
- Michael Gorham, Industry Professor of Finance, is the director of the IIT Stuart Center for Financial Markets. A former director at the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), he currently serves as a board member of the CBOE Futures Exchange and the National Commodity & Derivatives Exchange in Mumbai, India, and on committees of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) and the National Futures Association (NFA).
- Ben Van Vliet, Assistant Professor of Finance is the associate director of the M.S. Finance program at IIT Stuart. In August 2012, Van Vliet introduced AT 9000, a framework for the development of a quality management system for automated trading and HFT based on ISO 9000 engineering standards. 
- Michael Ong, Professor of Finance, has previously served as Executive Vice President and Chief Risk Officer for Credit Agricole Indosuez in New York and Head of Enterprise Risk Management for ABN-AMRO Bank. In 1992, he designed the quantitative portion of IIT Stuart's Financial Markets and Trading Program.
- Harold L. Stuart was a national leader in the field of investment banking. Stuart was president of the brokerage house of Halsey, Stuart & Company. His decision to move the firm’s headquarters to Chicago played an important role in establishing the city as a leading financial center. In 1969, his bequest to IIT established the Harold Leonard Stuart School of Management and Finance, now the IIT Stuart School of Business.
For a complete list of IIT Stuart Faculty, please see the faculty bio listing online .
- Welcome to IIT Stuart School of Business. Illinois Institute Of Technology.
- IIT Stuart Overview. Illinois Institute of Technology.
- IIT Stuart School of Business Maintains Prestigious AACSB International Business Accreditation. Illinois Institute of Technology.
- IIT Stuart Finance Master’s Ranked Among Top Global Programs by Financial Times. Illinois Institute of Technology.
- Illinois Institute of Technology, Stuart School of Business. Businessweek.
- IIT Stuart Graduate Admission Programs. Illinois Institute of Technology.
- IIT Stuart Undergraduate Programs. Illinois Institute of Technology.
- All IIT Business Programs Now in the Newly-Renamed Stuart School of Business; New Dean Kahalas to direct business programs. Illinois Institute of Technology.
- John F.O. Bilson. Illinois Institute of Technology.
- Michael Gorham. Illinois Institute of Technology.
- Benjamin E. Van Vliet. Illinois Institute of Technology.
- Michael K. Ong. Illinois Institute of Technology.
- Harold L. Stuart. Illinois Institute of Technology.
- Hall of Fame. Illinois Institute of Technology.