Matthew Rees (brokerage professional)
|Occupation||Chief Relationship Officer|
|Employer||R.J. O'Brien & Associates|
Matthew Rees serves as chief relationship officer at R.J. O'Brien & Associates, where he is responsible for client experience at the firm.  Rees also actively manages the marketing to R.J. O'Brien's institutional account base with customized execution and clearing services, as well as facilities management solutions.
Before taking the chief relationship officer post, Rees served as vice president, web services at R.J. O'Brien from November 2011 to May 2007. There he provided concept strategies and managed the development of all R.J. O'Brien services with a focus on web-based trading applications, research distribution, customized report delivery and marketing communications sites.
During his tenure as vice president web-services, Rees spearheaded a number of initiatives including:
- Rebranding the firm's web presence, which extended to an overall re-branding of the company.
- Launching its report distribution engine, which generates more than 50,000 files per day.
- Founding RJO's professional services team to tailor the RJO Solution to institutional, multi=national financial services organizations.
- Creating a support and training team to ensure the RJO Solution was used effectively.
From June 2000 to November 2001, Rees served as vice president, web development at PCQuote.com. He also served as a product manager there from April 1998 to June 2000.
From July 1997 to April 1998, Rees worked as an account manager at HyperLock Technologies and from June 1996 to July 1997, he worked at Spiegel Group as an interactive producer, managing the firm's first internet properties.
MarketsWiki World of Opportunity, 2014
Matthew Rees, R.J. O’Brien – Three Old Words For New Generations of Futures Trading
In today’s world, there are several ways we can communicate with each other. Email, text messages and social media are now connecting the entire world together, but some of this communication leaves behind a personal connection between people.
Matthew Rees, chief relationship officer of R.J. O’Brien & Associates, discusses a different perspective of technology, and the importance of keeping the human element when building and maintaining relationships with customers.
MarketsWiki Questions: Exploring Financial Technology
Rees participated in the MarketsWiki Questions: Exploring Financial Technology interactive video series. See his responses to the following questions:
- Q1: What is the single greatest opportunity for technology in the financial markets? (June 1, 2011)
- Q4: How is regulation driving technology in the derivatives space? (August 3, 2011)
He earned a bachelor of arts degree in communications in 1996 from the University of Illinois, at Chicago.
- R.J. O'Brien Becomes New Clearing Firm at CBOE Futures Exchange. CBOE Press Release.
- Matthew Rees. LinkedIn.