|Shang Fulin, Ph.D.|
|Employer||China Securities Regulatory Commission|
Dr. Shang Fulin is Chairman of the China Banking Regulatory Commission (CBRC). He was appointed to that position in October 2011.
Dr. Shang began a career in banking in 1973 when he joined the People's Bank of China. Over the ensuing years, he served in a variety of positions and assumed increasing responsibility within the bank. From 1998 to 2000, he headed China's nationwide taskforce to address Y2K issues in the banking industry. In 2000, he was appointed president of the Agricultural Bank of China.
Shang Fulin graduated from the Finance Department of Beijing Finance and Trade College. He received his Ph.D. in Finance from Southwestern University of Finance and Economics in Chengdu, China.
- 2002 - The Situational Analysis of State-Owned Commercial Banks
- 2000 - A Study on the Transmission Mechanism of Monetary Policy
- 1999 - Encyclopedia of Financial Guarantees
- 1997 - China's Success in Controlling Inflation and Its Future Policy Orientation
- 1996 - The Operation, Efficiency and Development of Central Banks
- 1995 - China's Monetary Policy and Credit System of China